How to fold a pocket square
Once a popular trend a century ago the pocket square is now a fashionable accessory for modern gentlemen. Adorning your suit’s breast pocket with a lavish piece of silk adds a splash of colour and sophistication, completing your dapper look.
THE PUFF - This is the most popular and easiest way to wear a pocket square.
- STEP 1 - Pinch the centre of the pocket square and let the corners hang down.
- STEP 2 - Tuck the hanging sides in with one hand firmly holding the pocket square and then gently gather it closed.
- STEP 3 - Now gracefully gather up the bottom of the pocket square and neatly tuck it into your jacket pocket.
THE 1 POINT - This smart fold is simple and looks sharp, perfect for any social function.
- STEP 1 - Fold the handkerchief down to a four and a half inch square.
- STEP 2 - Create an ‘envelope’ shape by folding the bottom corner up to meet the top corner. Then fold the left corner to the right and then the right corner to the left.
- STEP 3 - Finally neatly place the handkerchief in your jacket pocket.